Black Alumni Council of Columbia University
Los Angeles Chapter
Sign up for the Los Angeles mailing list here: http://eepurl.com/j4eHX.
The Los Angeles Chapter of the Black Alumni Council of Columbia University will exist to achieve the following ends:
- To establish and maintain a community of alumni from all of Columbia’s schools who are connected to the Los Angeles area by birthplace, residence, or employment.
- To provide a support system for Columbia students who are from Los Angeles, or whose summer employment opportunities occur in Los Angeles.
- To serve as a link between black Columbia alumni living in the Los Angeles area, the main BAC chapter in New York, and the University.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The LA-BAC seeks to reach the following goals and objectives through a series of events and initiatives designed to create camaraderie and community using our common connection as Columbia alumni as a base:
- Create a strong academic, professional, and social network for current and future black Columbia alumni residing and working in the Greater Los Angeles Area: We seek to meet this objective by facilitating networking opportunities that allow black Columbia alumni to interact and share resources with one another in creative and energetic ways.
- Develop a support system for current and potential Columbia undergraduate students in the Greater Los Angeles Area: We seek to meet this objective by creating opportunities for alumni and students exchange information relative to being a student at Columbia, as well as to provide guidance and support to students who are adjusting to life at Columbia.
- Build stronger connections between alumni of the various Columbia umbrella and affiliate schools: We seek to meet this objective by actively working with the University, the main BAC chapter, and known Los Angeles contacts to broaden the reach of the LA-BAC and increase the number of graduate-level alumni who are connected to the black alumni community in Los Angeles.
- Serve the Greater Los Angeles community: We seek to meet this objective by seeking opportunities to contribute to the welfare of people in under-served communities, including (but not limited to) opportunities to provide educational enrichment, to beautify distressed neighborhoods, and to increase awareness for causes deemed important by the group.
[contact-form-7 id=”1642″ title=”Contact_copy”]